FSSC 22000 FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
What is FSSC 22000?
Developed by the Foundation for Food Safety Certification, FSSC 22000 represents a comprehensive approach to food safety risk management throughout the food supply chain.
Applicable to all food products, food ingredients and packaging material manufacturers, FSSC 22000 is a complete certification scheme based on ISO 22000, the global food safety management system standard, combined with one of the sector specific technical specifications for PRPs (e.g. ISO/TS 22001-1/ISO 22002-1 or PAS 223) and additional Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) requirements.
FSSC 22000 has been given full recognition by the Global Food Safety Initiative.
Why is ISO 22000 important for your business?
ISO 22000 is recognized throughout the global food chain and certification is a way to become a supplier of choice. ISO 22000 certification publicly demonstrates your commitment to food safety.
ISO 22000 also aligns with other ISO management system standards, making it easy to integrate your food safety management with quality, environmental or health and safety management systems.
In addition, when combined with technical specifications for sector specific prerequisite programmes like ISO/TS 22001-1/ISO 22002-1 and PAS 223, it provides a baseline for FSSC 22000.
- Build stakeholder engagement and brand reputation.
- Preventative and corrective approaches to food safety management.
- Identify, manage and mitigate food safety risks.
- Reduce and eliminate product recalls and litigation.
ISO 22000 with Oxbow
Our understanding of this standard allows us to deliver tangible benefits to you through our unique business assurance approach.
It ensures our assessments focus on the areas and issues that are important to your business. Our consultants are food industry specialists matched with your business needs, enabling an effective and robust consultancy of your system. ISO 22000 consultancy with Oxbow helps ensure ‘best practice’ with regards to food safety, leading to:
- Competitive advantage:Oxbow is a market leader in the provision of food safety assessment, consultancy and training services, and some of the world’s best known organizations choose Oxbow for their assessment& consultancy services.
- Continual improvement: Improve communications and processes around food safety throughout the organization, promote best practices and drive improvements across your supply chain.
- New business opportunities:Consultancy from Oxbow significantly improves your ability to work with the many organizations where ISO 22000 is a contractual obligation or expectation.