ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
What is ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is the international specification for an environmental management system (EMS) which helps your organization identify, prioritize and manage your environmental risks as part of your normal business practices.
ISO 14001 enables you to effectively manage your environmental impacts through commitments to pollution prevention, legal compliance and continual improvement. ISO 14001 can be applied to any type of organization in any industry sector.
Why is ISO 14001 important for your business?
Certification to ISO 14001 provides assurance to company management and employees as well as external stakeholders that environmental impact is being measured and improved
- Reduced cost of waste management.
- Savings in consumption of energy and materials.
- Lower distribution costs.
- Improved corporate image among regulators, customers and the public
ISO 14001 with Oxbow
Oxbow unique assessment methodology ensures our assessments focus on the areas and issues that are important to company business. Our assessors are industry specialists matched with your business needs, enabling an effective and robust assessment of your system.
ISO 14001 certification with Oxbow helps to ensure ‘best practice’ with regards to environmental performance, leading to:
- Competitive advantage:Oxbow is a market leader in the provision of ISO 14001 assessment, consultancy and training services
- Continual improvement: ISO 14001 requires commitment to continual improvement of the EMS, so the setting of objectives will help the drive for more efficient use of raw materials, thereby helping reduce costs.
- New business opportunities: ISO 14001 certification enables you to work with companies who put an emphasis on safety of environment.